The health, safety and well-being of our residents, employees and families and staff are always top priorities at Longhorn Village. With the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the news and on the minds of many, we want to address actions taking place related to this concern.
At this point we are conducting additional precautionary steps including:
- Consistent updates and communication to residents and families, staff and people who are considering Longhorn Village;
- Evidence-based precautions that align with guidelines provided by the CDC;
- Reviewing emergency preparedness and response measures in the event that a virus impacts the community or the Austin area;
- Conducting robust disinfecting and sanitizing in all common areas;
- Introducing additional hand sanitizers in common areas and encouraging their use;
- Universal procedures of re-education to staff and residents on proper handwashing;
- Additional training for staff;
- Changes to our travel guidelines for all residents, employees and guests;
- Enhanced visitor screening procedures in place including restricting visitors to the community who have symptoms of an upper respiratory illness or who have traveled out of the country in the last 14 days, or who has been in contact with someone who has;
- Canceling all sales and marketing events until April 30
We are closely monitoring local, state, and federal health agencies to ensure we can respond quickly and effectively. We will continue to remain vigilant in our efforts to preserve the health and safety of our community.
If you have questions or concerns, or need more information, please contact Dawn McQuain or call 512-382-4680.