Now is the Time
Starting the conversation now, and putting a life plan in place before a health crisis makes it necessary, ensures that your wishes can be shared, heard, and discussed in a low-pressure environment.
Here are some talking points to help your family see the benefits to you – and them.
- You want to stay in control and remain independent as long as possible. By making the decision now, you determine where you will go – and you will have more time to enjoy your independent lifestyle while you are still healthy and energetic enough to do so.
- You want to relieve your family of the burden of making decisions, selling your home, dealing with your belongings, and caring for you on short notice.
- A maintenance-free senior living community means you don’t have to worry about home repairs, or physical chores that are becoming too demanding.
- With your future health care provided for, your family doesn’t have to worry about who will take care of you or where you will receive care.
- You will have the time and opportunity to stay physically and socially active – perhaps even more so than you would in your current home.